Pupil Premium & Sports Premium
Pupil Premium is additional funding that the academy receives to support children's achievement. The targeted and strategic use of Pupil Premium supports us in achieving our aim of helping every child to achieve their full potential. We aim to narrow gaps in achievement between different groups within the academy and in comparison with national averages.
The range of Pupil Premium funded provision will/could include:
Achievement and standards work including additional class based or intervention work to accelerate progress of targeted groups or individuals.
Learning Support to enable children to fully access learning and accelerate progress where there are specific barriers.
Pastoral work, which aims to raise self-esteem, extend personal skills and support children to make appropriate choices in order to maximise learning opportunities.
Sports Premium is used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport that the schools provide.
This means that school must use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that your school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now are sustainable and will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
School should use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.